Canandaigua Real Estate Attorneys Work to Safeguard Property Interests
Longtime Western New York firm assists residential and commercial clients
Located in Canandaigua, Kenyon & Kenyon provides comprehensive advice and advocacy to Western New York clients for a wide range of real estate issues. Residential and commercial clients count on our more than 75 years of combined legal experience and practical knowledge of the area to safeguard their property interests.
Trusted attorneys take on matters involving leases, land use and title issues
Whether you are buying a home, negotiating an office build-out or litigating an easement dispute, we are prepared to help. Drawing on our extensive knowledge about property rights, real estate issues, finance and business, we stand by your side in all important real estate issues, including:
- Landlord-tenant matters — If you’re leasing a property to someone else or renting a location to live or work, small problems can get out of control quickly. We draft and negotiate appropriate lease terms and represent landlords and tenants in disputes over property use, rent payment and eviction.
- Condominium and homeowners association issues — When you own a condominium unit or residence that is governed by a homeowners association, you might have trouble maximizing the use of your property. Should you have a question or concern regarding your HOA or condo board, our firm outlines your rights and advocates for your interests.
- Zoning and land use concerns — Rules on land use, zoning, environmental protection and permitting could sharply impact the value of your real estate investment. Before you make a major commitment, our lawyers detail the pertinent regulations and represent you in proceedings when authorization is required.
- Boundary, easement and title disputes — We make sure that the title to a given parcel is clear and that people and businesses are well represented during disagreements over boundaries, easements and property rights.
- Eminent domain actions — You have rights if your land has been targeted for acquisition through eminent domain. In these cases, our firm challenges unwarranted actions and fights to recover fair property value for real estate owners.
- Foreclosures — Strict rules exist if a financial institution aims to foreclose upon a property due to missed loan payments. There might be several ways to delay or stop these proceedings. We have the knowledge and insight to develop sound potential solutions.
Relying on decades of experience handling complex matters relating to real estate, corporate law and other areas of legal practice, we are capable of delivering exceptional counsel for your residential or commercial property matter.
Counselors represent homeowners and businesses during transactions
With more than 75 years of combined experience, we understand that anxiety often accompanies the excitement of buying or selling a home or business property. Our lawyers skillfully represent you from offer to sale, and ease your concerns. Regardless of the size or scope of your transaction, our firm advances your interests while:
- Analyzing your deal and rectifying potential problems
- Drafting or reviewing the sales contract
- Negotiating terms of the deal
- Assisting with land use, zoning and permitting matters
- Reviewing loan documents
- Performing title searches and clearances
- Closing the transaction
You can rely on us to guide you through all stages of your real estate deal as we conduct smooth and precise transactions.
Strong advocates pursue favorable outcomes in real estate disputes
Conflicts that arise over residential and commercial real estate threaten the value and enjoyment that you receive from your property investment. With so much at stake, it’s imperative to retain an advocate who is familiar with the local market and legal landscape. Our firm represents a full range of clients in real estate disputes, including:
- Commercial developers and property owners
- Current and prospective homeowners
- Lenders and other financial institutions
- Real estate professionals, such as brokers, appraisers, title insurers and escrow agents
- Property investors, including real estate investment trusts (REITs)
Tailoring our representation to your situation and needs, we use negotiation, mediation and litigation when necessary to secure the outcome you seek. Along with dynamic courtroom demeanor, our attorneys possess the specialized knowledge necessary to successfully litigate your real estate dispute. This is true whether your concern relates to a contract matter, a disagreement over land use, a landlord-tenant conflict, a boundary dispute or any other situation involving competing real estate interests.
Contact a thorough Ontario County real estate lawyer to schedule a meeting
Kenyon & Kenyon assists Western New York residential and commercial real estate clients with transactions, disputes and other property concerns. Please call 585-577-7577 or contact us online to make an appointment for a meeting at our office in Canandaigua.